As we already informed you in the last edition of the newsletter, with effect from 1 September 2022, the values of the meal allowance have changed again, and the following is becoming reality:
- EUR 6.40 for the time zone of 5 hours to 12 hours,
- EUR 9.60 for the time zone of 12 hours to 18 hours,
- EUR 14.50 for the time zone over 18 hours.
The set amount of the meal allowance has an impact on the provision of meals to employees as well, and thus the maximum possible employer contribution for meals provided under the Labour Code has also been increased to EUR 3.52 (previously EUR 3.30), while the lowest possible value of the meal allowance has been increased to EUR 4.80 (previously EUR 4.50).
The financial contribution for meals is the same as the amount the employer contributes to the employees’ meal or meal voucher.
With effect from 1 September 2022, the amounts of basic compensation for the use of road motor vehicles during business trips for each 1 km of travel have also changed, as follows:
- single-track vehicles and tricycles EUR063
- passenger road motor vehicles EUR 227